Rajasthani Dal bati recipe|Baati Recipe
Rajasthani Dal bati recipe is the traditional recipe of the Rajasthan region. This dish is mainly served in both Lunch time and in Dinner time. The people in Rajasthan really loved this recipe. Dal bati is also called as “Kacha khana”. If we talk about dal bati it is considered a very cheap dish as compared to dishes which are served at functions or in party.
We make dal bati in a very traditional way like, In the village we use cowdunk to bake bati, it gives a mindblowing smell when we cook on it. But in cities, people use Bati ka cooker to make bati. If we talk about my family, they love this dish very much. I learnt this dish from my Grandparents when we used to live in a village with them. Dal bati Recipe can be also cooked in an Indian cooker. Dal bati mainly consists of two things ie firstly preparation of daal and then Secondly preparation of bati, The people of Rajasthan also serve Lehsoon ki chutney with it, and it enhances the taste of daal bati.
If we order dal bati in a restaurant then we get many things with it like we get leahsoon ki chutney with Gatte ki sabzi, zeera chawal and churma(sweet) on a plate. if we see to recipe for making baati recipe we need wheat flour, turmeric powder etc, we have to keep in mind that the dough which we make for bati should be tight and hard, this will be done by adding some water. Ghee also plays an important role in dal bati, when we take out bati from the oven then we dip it into ghee and serve it with Dal.
Now for Dal making, we have to mix Masoor dal, chana dal and mung dal together after that, we will add different types of spices to make daal more tasty.
So I would like to request you to visit my other Blogs with this Cusion dal bati recipe. it includes blogs like Peach Sorbet Raw Recipe, Lemon Snowball Cookies Recipe, Coconut Milk Rice Recipe, Warden Burger Recipe
Let’s see How to Make Rajasthani Dal bati recipe Step by step :
Ingredients of bati recipe:
- 4 cups of Wheat flour/Atta
- Half a spoon of turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp salt
- Half tbsp of baking soda
- Half cup water to kneed
- 2 spoons of grinded Fennel/sauf
- Half a cup of Ghee
Ingredients of Dal Preparation:
- 1cup of masoor dal, chana dal and Moong Dal
- 4 Cup of water
- 3 tbsp of ghee/oil
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 tbsp of Jeera/cumin
- Pinch of hing/asafoetida
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1tbsp of ginger
- 1 tbsp of green chill
- 1 to 2 tomatoes
- ¼ tbsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp of Red chilly powder
- ½ tbsp of salt
- 2 tbsp of coriander
- 2 tbsp Garlic paste
Instructions for bati Recipe:
- Take a Large bowl and put 4 cups of wheat flour and add half a spoon of turmeric powder, 1 tbsp salt half tbsp of baking soda(Adding soda bati becomes soft) 2 spoon of ground fennel and add half cup of water to kneed.
- Then mix them together and make dough from them.
- Make medium-sized dough balls and keep them aside
- Now start your Gas/chullha and put the Bati oven on it
- The flame should be medium on which your bati will baked
- Now take Dough balls and slowly put them in your bati oven one by one.
- Now wait for 7 – 8 mins until your Bati become a little red and baked.
- After the bati is baked then take it out, and it’s Ready.
Instructions for making Dal:
- Take a Pressure cooker and put 1-1 cup of masoor dal, chana dal and Moong Dal in it and add 3-4 cups of water along with 1 tbsp of ghee in it
- Now close the cooker and wait for 3-4 whistles to come until your daal gets boiled properly
- After this take kadai on another low flame and put 3 tbsp of ghee/oil into it and put 1 tbsp of mustard with 1 tbsp of Jeera/cumin with a Pinch of hing/asafodia with 1tbsp of ginger and 1 tbsp of green chill and Saute them for 15- 20 seconds
- Now after this put 1 -2, finely chopped onions and again sauté them for 2 to 3 minutes until the onion becomes reddish after this add 1 to 2 tomatoes and again sauté them.
- Now put ¼ tbsp turmeric and ½ tbsp of Red chilly powder and sauté it.
- Now put your boiled dal into Kadai and Mix it slowly until it absorbs all masala and then after 3 -5 min when the dal prepares put some coriander leaves on it and your Dal is ready.
Now both Dal and Bati are Ready. Now before serving, Dip your Bati in a cup of ghee at least for 5 min so that it soaks the ghee and becomes soft Then serve it.